Homework 5: Due at Beginning of Class, October 7, 2011).
1. In Section 2.8, why did Doswell specifically NOT generally include cases for major outbreaks of severe weather (except the March 1994 tornado outbreak? (Lexee is released from this question)
2. What distinguishes the meteorology of the F5 Plainfield, Illinois tornado event from other? (There are two factors.) (Lexee is released from this question)
3. Why would pattern recognition have failed in helping forecasters assess the risk for the Palm Sunday (in March 1994) tornado outbreak? (Lexee is released from this question)
4. In what circumstance could there be a great deal of vertical shear and strong surface winds, yet no helicity?
5. In your own words, but retaining accuracy, describe streamwise vorticity.