Metr 835 Paper Grade
1. Was background given establishing extremity of event using Storm Data as a reference?
2. Did the introduction “introduce” as opposed to summarize (which can appear in the conclusions)
3. Were figures adequate to prove the points made in the text?
4. Were locations labeled on figure(s) and referred to in the text?
5. Were the figures accurately produced?
6. Was jargon correct and aptly used?
7. Was reasoning sound and does it make sense as written?
8. Was enough narrative provided to give proper scientific context, or did the paper appear to be an outline of future work?
Style (A few minor error or issues 40 pts; A few moderate number of errors 30 pts; Many errors mostly do to lack of proofreading; 20-29 pts; Many errors showing lack of concentration, 10 pts)
Figures (Excellent with a few minor issues 10 pts down to 0 pts for no effort).
Content (A few errors or omissions, 50 pts; A few minor errors 45 pts; Many errors mostly do to lack of proofreading or to lack of thoughtful evaluation of the scientific issues; 30-40 pts; Many errors showing lack of concentration, 20- 29 pts; Awful 10 pts)